Distance: 6.5 km
Time to complete: 1 hour 45 minutes
Dundarave was named after Dundarave castle in Loch Fine Scotland. Originally, the area was a notable secluded holiday spot for vacationing Vancouverites; however, in 1914 a pier was built at 25th Street and the area flourished. The very first West Vancouver swimming club was created in Dundarave and it also held the very first regatta. Social life revolved around the local Clachan restaurant and over time it expanded to include a hotel. Today, the refurbished Clachan has become the Beach House Restaurant and continues to be a community gathering place for local residents. The area adjacent to the restaurant has been developed into a park and anchors the western edge of the Centennial Seawalk.