A cove between Kettle Point to the south and Whytecliff Point to the north, just north of Garrow Bay and with Whyte Islet at its mouth.
Formerly 'Fisherman's Cove', and named as such on original subdivision plan for Horseshoe Bay from 1909. Concerned that many of the local names for bays and coves were duplicated along the coast, in 1929 H.D. Parizeau, Department of Marine and Fisheries, Victoria, recommeded that the name be changed to 'Batchelor Cove'. Named for Captain Robert Alexander Batchelor (ca.1872-1934), senior pilot with the Empire Steamship Company, and founder of the Vancouver Pilotage Association. First appointed a Vancouver Harbour pilot in 1905. Name suggested by a committee of Council in 1926.
Often referred to as 'Batchelor Bay'.
BC Geographical Names Office
Committee appointed by the Council of the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver to supply H.D. Parizeau, Department of Marine and Fisheries, Victoria with the list of coves, islands and points on Howe Sound, 1926
Place Names of West Vancouver: A Gazetteer (West Vancouver Historical Society, 2004)
Plan of subdivision of portion of District Lots 430 & 1493 GI, N.W.D. North Vancouver, B.C., Plan 2103, 1909.
Rupert Harrison fonds. Street and place names (CA BWVA F061-S01-F133)